About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Digital Services Specialist for Advancement Marketing and Communications assists the Director of Digital Services and the Advancement Marketing and Communications team in a wide range of functions, including electronic media development and execution; project management; broadcast email and web production; graphic design and production. (This is a temporary 12 month position)
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing broadcast emails and web pages in iModules (Training will be provided).
- Graphic design, image sourcing, basic copy editing using the university brand and style guides.
- Work with campus partners and advancement team members to troubleshoot email lists, calendars, and project elements.
- Designing and developing executive communications, including reports, statements, editorials, and executive correspondence.
- Maintain shared information systems, standard operating procedures, and positive customer service protocols.
- Providing information, training, and resources to campus partners.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work on Windows and Mac OS.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with HTML, CSS, and other commonly used web development languages and tools; knowledge of and experience with Drupal a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook).
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced communications office, adjust to shifting priorities, and to interact harmoniously with a diverse population.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Knowledge of and experience with email design tools (such as: iModules, Salesforce, Mailchimp, EMMA, Constant Contact, etc.) preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment activity.
37.5 hours per week. This is a temporary 12 month position.
$25.00 per hour
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Three professional references will be required prior to offer.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.