Research Fellow - College of Information and Computer Sciences
Job no: 499799
Work type: Senior/Research Fellow (Amherst Only)
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Computer Science
Union: Non-Unit Exempt
Categories: Computer & Information Technology, Research
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
- Contributes to research in a highly technical Computer Science lab. This can involve: developing new ideas, algorithms, software and hardware; designing, documenting, modifying and debugging software; evaluating and validating software, circuits, algorithms and architectures.
- Supervises research assistants.
- Carries out experiments in association with students, staff and faculty.
- Describes techniques and results for use in scientific papers and conferences; assists in writing reports and articles.
- Contributes to the development of new research proposals.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise with programming languages appropriate to the specific field of study.
- Expertise with building and maintaining software systems.
- Familiarity with one or more specialized subareas of investigation within Computer Science.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision.
Please submit a CV and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend