About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar, the Functional Analyst will act as a member of the systems team by coordinating efforts for technological initiatives, developing systems related to student services and providing technical support of hardware and software within the office. The incumbent will work to maintain student records and collaborate with PeopleSoft developers to enhance user experience within the Student Information Systems (SIS). This position will manage the ongoing bundle testing of all the patches and fixes to the student system and use PeopleSoft query tools to write reports and extract data for analysis and distribution.
- Lead efforts related to technology improvements. As a member of the systems team, establish priorities for technology initiatives. Keep abreast of technological changes that may enhance the services provided by the office. In conjunction with the Assistant Registrar, develop and write functional specifications and work with developers to implement modifications to the system.
- Assist in the coordination, development, and enhancement of all student services related to systems and third party integrations. Develop testing scenarios for SIS functionality related to all student records areas, including customizations. Investigate new functionality and understand current processes within student records. Coordinate and perform testing of software modules within the SIS and related software systems when new releases, patches, bundles, critical updates, and modifications are made.
- Write and maintain queries and reports using PeopleSoft Query tools. Utilize reporting tools to extract data for analysis, testing or distribution.
- Support the Assistant Registrar with access to student records data by reviewing the requests for access and coding security credentials based on the needs of the client. Acts as backup for security decisions when the Assistant Registrar is unavailable.
- Provide support, maintenance and effective troubleshooting with hardware and software for users within the University Registrar’s Office. Assist with implementation of third party software and new equipment. Maintain equipment inventory owned by the University Registrar’s Office.
Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet Department, Executive Area/Division, and University goals and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field and at least 2 years of administrative or computing experience.
- High level of proficiency with computer applications, hardware and software.
- Experience with reporting and analysis tools.
- Experience with student information systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Prior experience with PeopleSoft in a higher education setting.
PSU Salary Ranges
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.