Accommodations Clerk II U Of M
Job no: 511484
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Categories: Food Service/Hospitality
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Accepts advance guest room reservations; maintains guest room inventory; performs various clerical duties.
- Accepts advance reservations by mail, telephone, or in person; examine reservations for correctness.
- Maintains accurate records of guest room inventory.
- Receives advance payments and follows department recording procedures.
- Handles correspondence relating to guest reservations, services or special requests according to department policy and procedure.
- May assist with guest registrations, telephone switchboard and other related front office duties.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties, such as mail sorting, the operation of various office machines, and filing of correspondence.
- Provides information to the public by telephone, mail or in person; responsibly answering questions concerning such matters as services, rooms, catering and special functions; and referring inquiries to the appropriate provider of services when necessary.
- Works closely with other departments to finalize arrangements for guest accommodations.
- Provides detailed reports as requested on room availability and prepares documents necessary for guest registration.
- Operates the fax service of the Hotel operation and maintains related records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in clerical work.
- 2 years experience in the hospitality industry.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Skill in bookkeeping.
- Ability to maintain departmental clerical records and to prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of the operation and application of various office machines; may require ability to type and to operate proficiently a personal computer, telephone switchboard or computerized room inventory system.
- Experience in performance of general clerical duties.
- Working knowledge of hotel procedures and an understanding of general hotel operations.
This position is designated as essential.
Monday- Friday 9am-5pm; may include holidays
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should provide a resume and three professional references with their application.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend