About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
CRM Technical Support is responsible for supporting communication efforts across the university and plays an important customer service role to all communicators on campus. This role manages all technical aspects of Salesforce Marketing Cloud at UMass Amherst and provides assistance around ancillary tasks involving Marketing Cloud including collecting and analyzing data and assisting in the organization of Business Units and the remediation of technical debt.
- Works cooperatively with CRM team members and responds promptly to support tickets in ServiceNow, troubleshoots potential issues and reinforces user training principles, and documents tickets appropriately.
- Sends email communications using Salesforce Marketing Cloud on behalf of schools, colleges or other units.
- Responsible for a variety of technical support tasks including but not limited to data extension creation using our custom upload tool, removes expired data extensions, develops automations and journeys and creates reports in Marketing Cloud.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelors degree.
- 1 year experience using a CRM or working with databases.
- Able to respond quickly and perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and have proven writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and platform users.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Knowledge of SQL, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce.
- Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30.
- May require additional time in evenings and on weekends.
- Flexible/hybrid office situation.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, please submit a resume and three (3) professional references. The position will remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.