About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The Mount Ida Campus of UMass Amherst is located in Newton, MA adjacent to the Newton-Needham Innovation District, and the tech-focused Route 128 corridor. At Mount Ida, UMass Amherst offers an array of experiential learning opportunities to its undergraduate students, as well as a growing number of graduate and professional degree programs. The campus is growing its undergraduate career development programs with expanded access to internships and co-ops in the thriving Greater Boston area.
Manages operational activities of the campus including budget management, space rentals, HR and other business operations. Maintains a confidential relationship with the Mt Ida Campus Director on sensitive campus policy, budgetary and personnel matters. Represents the Mt Ida Campus Director, where appropriate, on committees, task forces, and other administrative groups.
- Develops, negotiates, and implements rental strategies, both internal and external. Develops contracts for the rental and facilities space including residential accommodations. Coordinates, develops, and executes successful strategies for all segments of facility use and leases. Develops booking policies and procedures and manages rate increases/decreases.
- Manages business operations including accounts receivables and payables via BuyWays and other UMass systems. Assists in HR onboarding and payroll. Directs related personnel and services to ensure all tasks are accomplished and completed. Responsible for continuous improvement of business and administrative practices and processes with automation and procedural enhancements.
- Works with the Mt Ida Campus Director to create business workflow system solutions for campus operations. Analyzes operational data to be used for decision making.
- Coordinate key personnel in the absence of the Campus Director when necessary.
- Manages relationships with vendors and clients, ensuring prompt communication and attention to issues. Develops strong partnerships that benefit the Campus and the University.
- Provides confidential support to the Mt Ida Campus Director on personnel and financial matters. Assists in developing policies and procedures for campus operations.
- Operates as a generalist to find and solve operational problems and find solutions to improve the campus.
- Understands responsibilities with respect to conflicts of interest and behaves in ways consistent both with law and with University policy.
- Contributes toward creating a positive and respectful workplace defined by personal and professional competence, integrity, and collaboration.
Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet department, campus, executive area, and university goals and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship management.
- Ability to manage in a complex environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to be a system-oriented thinker.
- Proven communication skills - written and verbal.
- Skilled collaborator and team player.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical Office Environment.
This position receives supervision from the Mt Ida Campus Director.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 5:00 PM.
Exempt Hiring Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three (3) professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.