About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Assist in preparation and serving of food and beverage; supervision of personnel assigned to the unit; assist with maintaining records; hires, trains, and supervises student employees; perform cash handling and deposit of daily receipts for the assigned unit.
- Prepares foods and beverages using standard recipes for the purpose of cash customer consumption.
- May requisition food using standard forms and established procedures.
- Uses manual and mechanical food service equipment to supply product for the consumption of customers.
- Uses standard forms and procedures to order supplies and equipment needed in the operation of the assigned area.
- Makes daily deposits of sales receipts using standard forms and procedures; makes sales reports on standard forms.
- Supervises and assists in the cleaning and maintaining of equipment and work areas to maintain sanitation standards.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student employees in the assigned work area. May assist in the evaluation and scheduling of employees.
- Secures the assigned area(s) at the close of operations.
- Maintains records of cash and sales figures and other records pertaining to the operation of the assigned unit(s).
- Assists with inventory and food storage using standard forms and procedures to account for all stock and the proper storage of products.
- Orders food by using Food Pro.
- Implementing stocking and rotation procedures of inventory.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- At least one (1) year of food service experience in a hotel, restaurant, cafeteria or catering operation.
- Certification as a food handler or the ability to obtain certification within three (3) months through a recognized program approved by the University of Massachusetts, i.e., ServSafe.
- A diploma or certificate from a trade, technical or vocational school with a major in culinary arts or food services may be substituted for the required experience.
- Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment normally used in a food handling and storage.
- Working knowledge of food service sanitation procedures.
- Working knowledge of cash handling and related equipment used in cash handling including cash registers and calculators.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to supervise employees giving oral and written instructions in a precise and understandable manner.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and make reports.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Requires the ability to balance, carry, push, pull, stand, bend, reach, twist, lift and perform repetitive movements.
Receives direct supervision from Snack Bar Manager.
- Varies depending on department needs; may require weekends and holidays.
- 40 hours per week.
- 35 week minimum.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete online application and provide contact information for three (3) professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, political belief or affiliation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related condition(s), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, natural and protective hairstyle and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.