IP & Contracts Administrator Tech Transfer
Job no: 513887
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Pay Grade: P17
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Accounting/Finance/Budget
General Summary of Position:
This position supports UMass Lowell’s technology transfer office (OTC) through management of invention and patent records and related databases, processing of financing associated with the IP portfolio, as well as serving as primary resource for processing of confidentiality agreements. Possibilities for either remote work or hybrid approach would be considered.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree. Paralegal training preferred.
- 4+ years in technology transfer, business or law office
- Prior experience working with legal documents, invention disclosures, confidentiality and licensing agreements, and familiarity with financial accounting and budgets.
- People: Strong interpersonal skills required, specifically a demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of populations including faculty, staff, students, and professionals from the public and private sectors. Necessary to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
- Aptitude: Superior organization skills including the ability to handle detailed information confidentially and with precision. Excellent project management skills with the ability to problem solve, prioritize tasks, and work within a matrixed organization.
- Tools: Excellent computer skills with several years’ experience working with Microsoft Office mandatory. Familiarity with databases and knowledge management systems such as Sophia (Wellspring Worldwide) or Inteum highly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Posting updated 6/29/2022.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.