Assistant Student Loan Manager - Financial Aid
Job no: 514806
Work type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Financial Aid
Pay Grade: P15
Categories: Financial Aid
The Assistant Student Loan Manager is responsible for the processing of all private educational loan programs and Federal Direct Plus Parent/Grad Loans processed through the Financial Aid Office. S/he manages all functions; including loan origination, certification, disbursement, and award adjustments. The Assistant Student Loan Manager will conduct proactive outreach to ensure timely and accurate processing of loan requests.
The Assistant Student Loan Manager will assist with the federal aggregate loan review, monthly loan reconciliation, awarding of students close to aggregate loan limits, and processing of loan change requests. S/he will manage student loan inquiries via phone, email, and Salesforce cases, and provide support to Solution Center specialists on loan related inquiries. Possibilities for remote/hybrid work available.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An earned bachelor’s degree is required
- One or more years of experience in a highly automated financial aid office or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to work with diverse population
- Individual exercises discretion and independent judgment
- Improper application of regulations can result in fines and loss of eligibility from the student level to the institutional level
- Ensures continuity of processing regardless of peak loads
- Adjusts to new regulatory, environmental, and operational factors
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and public communications skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
• Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
• Understanding of technology to deliver student financial aid
• Embrace technology and appreciate how to use it to enhance service to students
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P15.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Posting updated 7/14/22
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.