Maintainer I (Hotel UMass- Housekeeper)
Job no: 508744
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Categories: Custodial, Food Service/Hospitality, Skilled Labor, Technical
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Performs the tasks of cleaning hotel guest rooms and public areas. Assists in the training process of new employees and performs related work as required.
- Change beds, dust, vacuum, clean and sanitize bathrooms and perform other related procedures to keep guest rooms up to department standards.
- Replenish linen and amenities in guestrooms to meet department standards.
- Report to Hotel Assistant Manager any maintenance work necessary to maintain the department standards for guest rooms.
- Use department forms, maintain an accurate record of room inventory, lost and found, and anything else noted while cleaning a guest room.
- Clean lobby and café. Tasks include the cleaning of coffee pots, refrigerator, microwave and related work to keep café up to department standards.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Inspect hotel guest rooms.
- Perform inventory control.
- Report clean rooms to front desk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment commonly used in housekeeping cleaning functions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to meet an established standard of cleanliness for hotel rooms.
- Physical stamina and endurance to withstand the strain of moderately arduous manual labor.
Schedule will vary based on department needs; may include weekends and holidays.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should provide a resume and three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend