About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Supervises the stock replenishment, ordering, receipt, issuance and distribution of materials, equipment and supplies at the Campus Center Receiving Area. Supervises the taking of inventories and related records and performs related administrative duties.
- Supervise activities of the Campus Center Receiving area which supports Auxiliary Services departments.
- Orders and issues liquor, food and paper goods and maintains related inventories.
- Plans operating and work schedules for the Receiving area to provide satisfactory support to Auxiliary Services departments.
- Coordinates activities relating to shipping problems or discrepancies with appropriate shipper or vendor to facilitate the proper receipt and shipping of materials.
- Supervises order requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies to ensure compliance with established policy and procedure.
- Supervises preparation and packing of material for distribution to departments or other agencies to ensure safe and timely receipt of materials.
- Supervises taking of inventory, maintains related records and anticipates future stock and supply needs.
- Supervises truck loadings and unloading in the Receiving area and assigns delivery routing of stocks and supplies.
- Supervises pick up and delivery of mail for the Campus Center/Student Union.
- Supervises receipt and delivery of UPS, Corporate Express, and ProCard purchases to Campus Center/Student Union departments.
- Supervises daily laundry run.
- Supervises the maintenance of storage areas ensuring proper storage methods are used to facilitate availability of material and provide security.
- Insures safe handling of food items in accordance with ServSafe standards.
- Supervises First In First Out program.
- Develops appropriate safety standards relating to receiving, storage, and delivery functions within the department.
- Insures that temperature logs are maintained.
- Develops and supervises regular cleaning program of Receiving Dock.
- Maintains attendance information on department employees in accordance with department policies and procedures and using a computerized record keeping system (Kronos).
- Maintains written and computerized records and logs of items received, issued and shipped including description of articles, type and other identifying information in accordance with established procedures.
- Enters invoices into FoodPro Menu Management System.
- Operates motor vehicles to make deliveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Must possess Valid Massachusetts Class D driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in receiving and issuing stock items.
- Considerable knowledge of storeroom methods and practices.
- Ability to supervise routine shipping and receiving operations.
- Ability to keep records.
- Ability to inspect food products for quality and acceptability.
- Good physical condition, strength and ability to facilitate the handling of bulky or heavy stock items.
- Considerable experience in keeping storekeeping records.
- Ability to develop storage practices which assure best utilization of storage facilities.
- Ability to compose routine letters and memorandums.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs repeatedly.
- Must be comfortable working in walk in freezer and/or cooler.
- Must be able to stand for hours at a time.
Incumbents must be certified as food handlers within six months of the appointment start date through a recognized program approved by the University of Massachusetts (i.e. ServSafe).
Monday – Friday 7a-3p; may include holidays
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit a resume and three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered