Resource Economics - Tax School Manager - 43 Week - 60%
Job no: 509233
Work type: Staff Part Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Resource Economics
Categories: Professional Staff Union (PSU), Administrative/Office Support, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Housed in the Department of Resource Economics and reporting to the Department Chair, the Tax School Manager is responsible for the marketing, operational execution, administration and assessment of the state-wide annual conference programs presented by the UMass Tax School for Practitioners.
- Determine program marketing and material needs which focus on the benefits of attending the annual UMass Tax School conference programs. Create and implement timely online, email and print marketing campaigns to Massachusetts tax preparation professionals. Design print and digital program marketing materials, including participant portfolios. Write and update content for the Tax School web pages. Respond to all inquiries for conference information.
- Solicit external conference program sponsors and prepare sponsor materials; research and collaborate with promotional product vendors and designers.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve systems for the delivery of the conference programs. Manage preparations and operations for both the instructor-led online, and two-day in-person conference programs.
- Manage registration and payments and the verification of attendance and completion in compliance with IRS requirements. Troubleshoot, monitor and adjust systems accordingly. Provide technical assistance and comprehensive customer service to adult students with a broad range of abilities, developing accommodations as necessary.
- Collaborate with Tax School Director and instructors to create self-study exams.
- Maintain participant records and transactions in a database; provide data summaries and reports upon request. Record participant IRS, CFP, and MA Insurance credit hours and report to appropriate agencies within mandated timeframe.
- Create and register courses and descriptions with the IRS for each course iteration. Create and send program completion certificates to participants.
- Conduct program assessment including student surveys and instructor evaluations. Create, collate, and analyze results of surveys to improve marketing and conference effectiveness.
- Prepare annual Tax School report. With the Director and Chair, review programs for time efficiency, profitability, and resiliency, and make changes as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in program/project management.
- Extensive computer software knowledge and demonstrated ability with data entry, data management/maintenance, and data automation using database and spreadsheet software.
- Expert level skill in webinar management and troubleshooting; and video distribution management.
- Basic graphic design skills and the ability to create professional program materials.
- Strong ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships in serving as the public face of the UMass Tax School.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information and to abide by relevant State and Federal laws.
- Excellent organizational ability to manage projects with competing and overlapping time constraints.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with others in accomplishing assigned work objectives.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional adaptability and resourcefulness to adapt to rapidly changing program and university conditions.
- Must be able to travel and attend conference programs throughout the state.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Drupal web editing and design proficiency; HTML and CSS familiarity; knowledge of effective UX/UI preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, graphics with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign, and text with Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Filemaker Pro.
- Conference programs are held at different sites throughout Massachusetts during November and December.
- Ability to travel overnight
- Must have valid Driver’s license
- This is a 43-week position.
- May be required to work occasional nights or weekends.
PSU Salary Chart
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references.
Review of applicants will begin on July 26, 2021, and will continue until a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all of the students, staff, and faculty in our college. To learn more, please visit https://www.umass.edu/sbs/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend