mHealth Research Fellow - MassAITC
Job no: 511023
Work type: Senior/Research Fellow (Amherst Only)
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Computer Science
Union: Non-Unit Exempt
Categories: Research, College of Information & Computer Sciences
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Massachusetts Artificial Intelligence and Technology Center for Connected Care in Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease (massaitc.org) housed at UMass Amherst is seeking applicants for a mobile health Research Fellow position. The candidate will work with MassAITC staff and researchers to conduct research in a number of areas including assessing existing technologies for feasibility, usability and accuracy when deployed to monitor the health of older adults and persons with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. This work will consist of reviewing literature and conducting studies to ascertain the level of validation of existing technologies and to further investigate promising technologies. The candidate will lead the creation of IRB protocols for conducting studies as well as the development of whitepapers setting research priorities and research papers presenting findings of experimental work.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related area.
- Record of published research in mobile health or closely related areas.
- Strong background in data analysis and modeling (both statistical and machine learning methods).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and contacts who are internal and external to the university.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- At least three (3) years of experience in an academic research lab and/or in an industry research and development position.
- Prior experience conducting human subjects research including creation of IRB protocols.
- Prior experience working on NIH-funded research projects.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, research statement, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend