About UMass Amherst - Mount Ida Campus
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The Mount Ida Campus of UMass Amherst is located in Newton, MA adjacent to the Newton-Needham Innovation District, and the tech-focused Route 128 corridor. At Mount Ida, UMass Amherst offers an array of experiential learning opportunities to its undergraduate students, as well as a growing number of graduate and professional degree programs. The campus is growing its undergraduate career development programs with expanded access to internships and co-ops in the thriving Greater Boston area.
Provides administrative assistance to Managing Director, Campus Director, Assistant Campus Director and Director of programs and career for Mt Ida Campus. Serves as point of contact for scheduling/communications with executive level offices at the Amherst campus and the UMass System offices as well as other local/regional offices in higher education. Manages confidential information.
- Provides administrative support for the Mount Ida Campus administration, including but not limited to schedule management, booking conference rooms and ordering supplies.
- Maintains excellent customer service interactions with callers and visitors and when working with campus constituents and colleagues. Answers telephone, greets walk-in visitors, responds to general e-mail inquiries and manages responses to the Mt. Ida campus general email box. Prepares written communications/materials for distribution.
- Manages the BuyWays purchasing system for the campus. Provides purchasing, pro-card reconciliation and travel reconciliation.
- Assists with maintaining rental agreements, including catering orders done through the SalesForce/Amadeus system.
- Tracks, records, manages and pays monthly invoices for the campus.
- Documents all inquiries, request for services and concerns into appropriate tracking systems.
- Assists in coordinating and overseeing campus events.
- Manages incoming and postal mail and campus deliveries.
- Attends workshops, classes, or training sessions required to fulfill job duties and to advance skills and knowledge in areas such as computers, software programs, interpersonal communications and project management.
Performs duties as assigned or required to meet departmental needs.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of students performing a variety of functions. Ability to prioritize, organize and perform several functions at one time.
- Ability to interact with tact with the public, employees and students.
- Knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheet and desktop publishing software. Considerable experience with office management.
- Working knowledge of office record keeping and reporting.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work in a complex organization.
- Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- Some nights and weekends may be required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.