About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Digital Content and Project Manager supports the production and maintenance of career and professional development digital content and oversees special projects in the Isenberg School’s Office of Career Success. This includes supporting the career and professional development online platform, IConnect, as well as the many career and professional development resources housed on IConnect and the Isenberg School’s website.
- Oversee the IConnect career and professional development platform, including the platform’s phased content launches as well as ongoing content maintenance.
- Plan strategic content launch phases, maintain existing content, and monitor student engagement with the IConnect platform with the Assistant Dean of the Office of Career Success and the Director of Chase Career Center.
- Provide regular status updates and check-ins to the IConnect account representatives and the Isenberg School and the Office.
- Ensure that content on the IConnect site is sufficient, functional, and well-used by monitoring user traffic and responding to feedback; utilize built-in metrics/analytics to inform strategic decision-making.
- Solicit feedback from focus groups and IConnect volunteer advisors periodically to gauge the performance and use of IConnect; perform outreach to engage user groups.
- Increase traffic and utilization of the IConnect site through phased content launches and strategic expansion of user groups, such as student clubs and alumni.
- Consult with designated representatives within the Office of Career Success, the Isenberg School, and other parts of the UMass campus as the department expands their reach to target communities. Ensure that the service and content provided is accurately representing the needs of these communities.
- Track the ongoing production and support the development of Isenberg Digital Assets (or IDAs) that are produced under the Office of Career Success and that target different student and alumni segments for their unrestricted use. Ensure that constituent groups have the IDAs needed by tracking their placement on IConnect and usage.
- Manage the projects associated with IDAs by tracking and prioritizing the projects, ensure completion and post the final pieces on the IConnect site. Provide regular status reports to the Assistant Dean of the Office of Career Success, the Director of Chase Career Center, and the Director of Business Communications.
- Provide content expertise for IDAs through work with Isenberg faculty and staff..
- Meet with third-party vendors as well as others within Isenberg who are involved in IDA projects, including videographers, graphic designers, Marketing and Communications, and Technical Support Services.
- Develop timelines, project priorities, and project budgets with the Assistant Dean of the Office of Career Success, the Director of Chase Career Center, and the Director of Business Communications to.
- Attend Chase Career Center staff meetings, as needed; meet regularly with those involved in IDA projects as well as those serving as advisors or point people for the IConnect site, including staff, faculty, and students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience in project management.
- Ability to produce high-quality digital assets using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong evidence of prior responsibility in managing projects that involve technology, digital assets, and online spaces.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage time.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Master’s degree in business, data management, project management, marketing, user experience (UX) design, or related field.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with content management systems (CMS) and client relationship management (CRM) platforms, especially Salesforce.
- Video production and video editing experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment.
The Digital Content and Project Manager reports directly to the Assistant Dean of the Office of Career Success and works closely with the Director of Chase Career Center and the Director of the Business Communication Program.
- M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm, plus occasional special events held on nights and weekends
- Occasional travel
Exempt Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references. The position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.