About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Manager, Custodial Services (days) is responsible for planning, managing, budget control, supervision, operations, and outreach activities encompassing day time custodial services in all academic and administrative buildings on the Amherst campus and designated properties.
- Leadership responsibilities include:
- Develop a positive attitude for custodial employees.
- Provide tactical planning, scheduling, prioritizing, and directing work against many competing demands.
- Manage in-house workforce and Custodial Service contractors.
- Oversight of inspections and audits by direct reports to ensure a well-disciplined approach includes quality control and quality assurance.
- Customer service responsibilities include:
- Meet routinely with campus customers to determine their needs and to ensure complete follow through.
- Develop and implement procedures to assure quality improvement and a clear customer service commitment.
- Provision of oversight to ensure results are achieved.
- Provide input into custodial services department budget for approval by Assistant Director including:
- Advise on goals to maximize performance and usage of resources.
- Manage personnel expenditures and inventory.
- Develop budget to include forecasting. Monitors and reports variances/problems and recommends solutions.
- Coordinate custodial shift with other customers and organizations to include:
- Physical Plant Departments, Environmental Health & Safety, Building Coordinators, and Space Management personnel in order to maximize effectiveness, reduce costs, coordinate service deliver approaches/procedures, and minimize disruptions.
- Interface with bargaining unit officials.
- Participate in capital planning activities representing the needs of Custodial Services.
- Provide staff guidance, development, and discipline in order to:
- Meet hiring goals utilizing established University policy and procedures.
- Provide training, supervision, and evaluation of direct reports.
- Ensure direct reports complete annual performance reviews for their employees.
- Act as second step grievance hearing officer.
- Understand non-discrimination goals.
- Support utilization of business systems and applications to:
- Ensure effective utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other advance software to manage resources.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other communications utilizing CMMS, Peoplesoft, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet Department, Executive Area/Division, and University goals and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Customer Service, Higher Ed, Org Development, Project Management, or related fields plus seven (7) years of progressively responsible management experience in the field of Custodial Services –OR-
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Customer Service, Higher Ed, Org Development, Project Management, or related fields plus five (5) year of progressively responsible management experience in the field of Custodial Services.
- Demonstrated experience in budget planning. Excellent computational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Supervisory skills and experience in a large organization.
- Computer proficiency with word processing/database software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with CMMS or similar software to manage resources and analyze data.
- Ability to work extra/irregular hours, including nights and weekends during campus weather and facility-related emergencies.
- Ability to accept assignment to second and third shift operations.
- Valid Driver's License.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- APPA or International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA) Certification.
- APPA Leadership Institute Certification.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Required to balance, carry, push, pull, stand, bend, climb, drive, reach, sit, twist, lift and perform repetitive movements.
- Monday - Friday, 8AM-4PM
- Required to work some nights and some weekends.
Exempt Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three (3) professional references. The search will remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.