Assoc Dir Health Svc/Hampshire
Job no: 518362
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Hampshire College Health Care
Categories: Health & Medical Services
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Reporting to the Director, Hampshire College Health·& Counseling Services, the Associate Director is responsible for planning, organizing and administering the Health Services at Hampshire College providing medical care for Hampshire College Students and serving as a consultant for various College programs and groups. The Associate Director operates in a collaborative relationship with one or more physicians in accordance with Advanced Practitioner Act and local protocols.
- In collaboration with the Director, ensures that Hampshire College Health Services meets or exceeds the ongoing AAAHC accreditation standards, participates in inspection survey reports including the inspection teams and implements and documents recommendations and changes. Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to college health services and patients' rights, and· ensures compliance by all staff members.
- Provides vision and leadership in establishing and monitoring policies, operations, scope, and standards of practice of the Health Service, ensuring its operation is consistent with national standards of practice. Ensures continued accreditation through the AAAHC by keeping the operation of the Health Services consistent with accreditation standards and planning for accreditation renewal.
- Oversees hiring, training, and work performance of licensed advanced practice clinician. Ensures maximum utilization of the Health Center resources by monitoring clinical activities of the Health Services’ professional staff, including overseeing clinician schedules, clinical workloads and work assignments.
- Oversees development, implementation, and maintenance of electronic medical record policies and systems for Health Services.
- Assumes responsibility for the management of the Center in the absence of the Director.
- As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician’s Assistant (PA), assesses the illness or injury status of all clients thoroughly and quickly. Ascertains the severity of the clients' problem and the routine, emergency or urgent nature involved. Administers appropriate medications and treatments. Uses Universal Precautions when exposed to blood or body fluids.
- Acts as a senior health consultant to both counseling and medical staff. Engages in independent, high stakes decision making regarding high acuity clinical situations and assessment of risk.
- Responsible for own personal continuing education and developmental needs. Participates in regularly scheduled meetings, workshops, and committees.
- Supports and implements Affirmative Action and non-discrimination policies and procedures, and contributes to related departmental goals.
- Performs related duties as required.
Acts as public health expert and support to campus leadership.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Certifications, Licensure)
- Master’s Degree as Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Current license to practice specialty in Massachusetts
- More than three years’ progressively responsible outpatient NP/PA practitioner experience, including 1-2 years of supervisory and management experience required.
Monday- Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, plus limited on-call responsibility requiring after work hours.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three (3) professional references. The search will remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend