Clerk V (Auxiliary Enterprise Cash Office)
Job no: 511104
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Auxiliary Services
Categories: Administrative/Office Support, Food Service/Hospitality
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Provides assistance to the Accountant III including training MICROS register users and supervisors on Point of Sale and AE (Auxiliary Enterprises) cash handling policies and procedures.
- Develops cash management training protocols to train all levels of MICROS users on AE policies and register usage.
- Conducts training classes for all levels of Samsung portable register users.
- Maintains year-round schedule of all levels of MICROS training classes on Sign-Up Genius online portal.
- Performs internal cash and financial audits and reviews with management all areas needing to be addressed to pass state and AE (Auxiliary Enterprises) cash audit requirements.
- Reviews AE business operations to ensure PCI (payment credit card industry data security standards) compliance requirements are being followed within AE locations.
- Revises and keeps current AE cash handling handbook, and MICROS register usage handbook for reference for cashiers and management.
- Performs mandated bi-annual safe audits at over 40 locations. Maintains and updates safe access forms.
- Reviews daily cashier transactions on MICROS for suspect transactions, incorrect voids, and reports issues to Accountant Ill. Addresses issues with cashiers and managers to ensure audit requirements are implemented.
- Coordinates repairs, replacements and re-installations of Telium Software with Vantiv support representatives.
- Troubleshoots cellular connectivity issues by observing machine performance and running on board diagnostics for
- optimal wireless signal.
- Tracks and maintains approximately 100 credit card machines by maintaining active and inactive credit card machine logs.
- Coordinates with Vantiv and Treasurer's Office staff to replace and update machines as necessary.
- Uses instructions in Samsung 45 programming manual to program new and changed menu items.
- Disassembles, reassembles, and cleans register keys and other parts.
- Accesses MICROS operating system to create reports and research discrepancies from Remote Management Console, Dataviewer, NetVuPoint and PeopleSoft Financials.
- Accesses CS GOLD system to create reports and to debit/credit meal plan swipes as needed.
- Provides ad hoc support for locations with cash handling issues.
- Cross-trains and performs job duties as needed of Accountant II to ensure uninterrupted and timely service to AE and other campus departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of cash handling experience.
- Knowledge of safe cash handling processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, policies and procedures governing safe cash handling.
- Experience in the handling and collection of cash and preparation of deposits.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with the campus community.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
This position is designated as essential.
Varies based on dept. needs; will include nights, weekends, and holidays
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should provide a resume and three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend