Data & Reporting Specialist/School or Record Specialist
Job no: 514787
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Undergraduate Registrar
Categories: Computer & Information Technology
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Under the supervision of the Associate Registrar of Systems & Operations, the School of Record Data & Reporting Specialist will provide reporting assistance and student record support within the office of the University Registrar. This position will also oversee school of record arrangements with Academic Programs International (API), a study abroad organization that is entering into a new partnership with UMass Amherst. As part of this role, the position will collaborate with PeopleSoft developers and Database Administrators to automate the new process and continue to oversee for quality assurance. This position will also use PeopleSoft query tools to write reports and extract data for analysis and distribution.
- With API, develops and maintains systems to automate student record entry into SPIRE. Liaison with IT professionals and vendors for third party transcript ordering for this population. Works with systems colleagues in the registrar’s office to setup coding structures for these student records.
- Coordinates responses to requests for data/reports, including public record requests, ad hoc and of a production nature, using various query tools.
- Develops and maintains simple to complex queries for data extraction, statistical reports and analysis and requires the ability to understand a complex set of data tables and data joins.
- Monitors and updates jobs needed for production processes.
- Documents and enforces business processes for compliance purposes through collaboration with numerous campus partners to ensure accurate data entry, timely preparation of reports, and prompt correction of errors.
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new patches, bundles and features of the University’s student information system.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field and at least three plus (3+) years of administrative or computing experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of proficiency with computer applications, hardware and software.
- Experience with reporting and analysis tools.
- Experience with student information systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Prior experience with PeopleSoft in a higher education setting.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment.
Monday – Friday, 37.5 hrs/wk
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please apply online and submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend