Clerical Assistant - Auxiliary Enterprises HR
Job no: 515325
Work type: Hourly
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Auxiliary Services
Categories: Administrative/Office Support
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
This position will provide general administrative support in Auxiliary Enterprises (AE) Human Resources.
- Assists with day-to-day administration of AE HR/personnel paperwork and ensure timely submission to appropriate offices.
- Assists with preparing and processing personnel actions related to AE hiring.
- Helps process undergraduate student hires/actions and coordinates new hire paperwork.
- Supports AE HR staff with general office duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Windows based software.
- Ability or organize, set priorities, and follow through on tasks.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Typical office environment.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete online application, submit resume and contact information for three (3) professional references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend