About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Talent Acquisition Project Consultant uses a project management mindset and creative entrepreneurial spirit to build a variety recruiting programs, including but not limited to diversity and outreach programing. This position is part of a team responsible for creating and implementing best practices in recruitment and search processes to support the University. This role will maintain exceptional communications and provide customer support throughout the search and hiring process.
- Forge relationships with diversity programming stakeholders and leadership across the university to maximize partnership opportunities and institutional support for new initiatives related to maximizing diversity hiring opportunities and expanding talent pipelines.
- Use data analytics to inform the creation of programming to support affirmative action reporting.
- Create and implement programming using available data across the university to support talent growth and analyze staff modeling.
- Advise hiring authorities regarding recruiting and employment procedures, including affirmative action and equal opportunity compliance for searches, and University-related affirmative action efforts and policies.
- Guide hiring authorities through the recruitment process, ensuring a high-touch candidate experience and well-organized process. Ensure positions are closed and filled in a timely manner.
- Coach and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and acceptable hiring practices.
- Research, prepare for and attend recruiting events, such as career fairs and networking events, to build pipelines of diverse and exceptional talent for a variety of roles.
- Lend support on recruitment efforts for key searches requiring specialized sourcing and high-touch candidate experiences.
- Maintain relationships with key networking contacts via LinkedIn and other sourcing channels to enhance diversity recruiting efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of human resources or project management experience.
- Executive presence and excellent overall business acumen. Superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a professional, proactive, collaborative, and adaptable team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of individuals and departments to assist in a wide range of talent acquisition matters.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Experience in Higher Education or the public sector.
- Experience attending career fairs.
- Familiarity with OFCCP recruiting requirements.
- Experience with diversity and outreach programming.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Typical office environment activity.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -5:00 pm.
- This position has the opportunity for a hybrid work schedule, which is defined by the University as an arrangement where an employee’s work is regularly performed at a location other than the campus workspace for a portion of the week. As this position is non-unit, it is subject to the terms and conditions of the University of Massachusetts Board of Trustees Non-Unit (Professional/or Classified) Employee Personnel Policy.
Exempt Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with your application, please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.